Listen: Our blogger Michael chats about Kate Oates' departure

I was quite shocked to hear Kate Oates had left Coronation Street. Throughout the ups and downs of the past few years, one thing that I have always admired is that she hasn't been afraid to tackle difficult subjects. These big moves have paid off, and although we've seen a much darker Weatherfield it has most definitely been worth it. She will be a real miss, but I can't wait to see what Iain MacLeod brings to the programme.

Anyway, I was invited over to MediaCity this afternoon to chat with the lovely people at BBC Radio 5 Live. I've spoken about Corrie on their programmes before so it's always nice to be back.

I'm not really sure why it was implied that Kate had been forced out of her position - she's certainly no Stuart Blackburn and the show definitely isn't in jeopardy like it was two years ago. It'll be very sad to see her go, but I'm sure she'll of made a brilliant decision. Onwards and upwards with undoubtedly many successful years of producing to come for Kate.

But you can listen to my interview at 1:39 here, or via the embedded video below. Thanks again to the team at 5 Live for having me back - I hope to see you all again soon.


You can follow me on Twitter, @MichaelAdamsUk if you want. I try to be funny.



Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License