Elder Foster of the 70😎 Week #74 9/18/17

So this week has been super sweet. It was also a super busy week but
that's what I like to be honest. I can't believe that it's already
Monday again.

So last Monday we went fishing and it was awesome. We caught 5 fish as
a group. We took two of them home. Sadly I didn't catch any myself but
it was way different fishing than I have ever done but it was a ton of
fun. Basically you wait until you see the salmon in the water and you
toss the line in over them and you just try to snag them out of the
water. The hook goes through its side or back and you reel it in.
Super fun. I have some videos and pics of us so I'll send them.

During the week we did a lot of finding so that was good. We tracted a
lot of doors and it was actually pretty fun. a Elder a Hunter and I
have a lot of fun with it. There are a lot of strange people that live
here in Juneau.

So the busy time started on Wednesday, we picked up the Elders from
the airport and bussed them over to our trailer and we ended up making
lasagna which was cool. We made it for lunch for Elder Foster and our
Mission President for the next day. Then we just hung out with the
elders and had a blast.

Thursday we set up for our conference and then Elder Hunter and I went
to the airport and picked up Elder Foster and our Mission President.
So I gave the car I was driving to our President and then got in with
Elder Hunter and the General Authority. It was a really cool
experience.

The conference was awesome he gave us a lot of good ideas and we are
excited to implement them into the Zone and see miracles. Elder Hunter
and I have been working super hard and we are finally seeing miracles.
So just yesterday we had a lesson with a kid named Dylan and we taught
the restoration and the spirit was really strong and we were able to
invite him to be baptized on October 7thand he accepted. It was
awesome so we are excited for that.

Also we have seen a lot of other teaching miracles with people
committing to be baptized so the work is really starting to take off
and it's exciting.

Life is really good for me right now and I'm pumped to see how much we
can get done. We just had Transfer calls and we are staying together
another Transfer so I'm pretty stoked.

So funny story of the week. I kept hearing noises in the kitchen and
had no idea what it was. So anyway one night I was doing the dishesj
and I looked in the silverware drawer and there was a bunch of food
like stuck in the corners and I thought some of the other elders were
playing tricks on us. So I cleaned it out and when I was done using
the paper towels I put them under the sink. Fast forward to the next
day I heard something again and I looked under the sink and the paper
towels were all munched on and some of the spatulas were under the
sink that I had just washed the night before and put into the drawer
so we knew we had s little creature. We went to the store and bout a
rat trap and we tied it to the cupboard and a day later we had a
squirrel. Haha that little menace...  but yea it was super weird but
it came together haha anyway that's my story

Well I hope all of you have a great week.

Love always

Elder Kayden M. Gentry

Alaska Anchorage Mission