Oh, how sweet the sound.

Sometimes nature will repay us tenfold for any help they receive.
As I worked away at the blasted weeds that seem to appear overnight I spotted something white at the base of the bird-house that, fortunately for us, has been occupied by a beautiful tree swallow and her mate all spring. 
It was a tiny white feather, fragile and soft, that drew me over within hearing-range of the bird house.
As I stooped down to pick it up I heard the baby tree swallows for the first time. They were frantically calling for dinner while mama and papa  swooped about catching many of the millions of mosquitoes that pester us to death here. 
(another reason I will miss them when they leave)
Surprisingly, hearing the babies almost brought me to tears. I felt so privileged after witnessing this family arrive, build the nest and then care so well for each other.
I had read that the nest would be built with many white feathers but never expected to receive the gift of one and the opportunity to hear up close the cry of the babies. It will remain forever a favorite memory of mine here at the mouse-house.



 and then
.
.
.

 This morning I saw this...
Oh my goodness...is that cute or what!
 
 Mama to the rescue. 
She arrived with a beak full of bugs. :)

Gotta love summer
and 
it's just beginning. :)

hugs, Deb