Christmas without 'my charges'.


A pretty visitor at the feeder.


Although I am not cat-sitting at this time, I'd still like to pass on a 
Cat-tip-for-the -day =^..^=just some cat trivia today.

Here's a real stinker for  you. Did you know that a dominant, aggressive cat will more than likely not cover their business in their litter box. Why? In the wild, a cat leaves its feces out in the open to ward off any predators and show its dominance to other cats. That little house-cat of yours will do the same if it is a dominant cat living in a multi-cat household. Many cats are of a more submissive nature and would never think to leave the box with it's personal business exposed. But not that one with the cat-itude.




















If you have been following along with my blog for awhile you 
know that I just recently closed down my cat-sitting service in our town and surrounding areas after twenty years. Over the Christmas season I did do a wee bit of kitty-sitting for friends, who had last minute plans, and that helped me deal with the sting of not seeing my previous kitty-clients over the holidays.  I really missed seeing all my 'charges' who for years kept me hopping from house to house during the Christmas festivities. I thought of them all so much and could visualize them meeting their new cat-sitter at the door; tails up and so happy for the company. Those thoughts were bittersweet. I knew this first Christmas would be a hard one. I missed them so much and hope they all did well and love their new sitter. Each and everyone of them I hold so close to my heart and now I wish them all a long and happy life.
Kitty-client Billy
                                                                       

Stay toasty,
Deb