Rita Rudner: Funny and Frothy

With a title like I Still Have It... I Just Can't Remember Where I Put It: Confessions of a Fiftysomething by Rita Rudner, I expected a laugh-filled and -- I hoped! -- spicy look at aging.

The essay collection is funny, but most are unrelated to aging (except with a 50-something's perspective) and there's nothing you wouldn't want your grandkids or minister to see you reading.


My biggest chuckles came from the one-liners, like these:

I bought a new wrinkle cream. If you use it once a day, you look younger in a month. Twice a day, you look younger in two weeks. I ate it.

Before I met my husband, I'd never fallen in love. I'd stepped in it a few times.

I have a new push-up bra. It's an underwire made of this special new metal that's attracted to the fillings in my teeth.



Nothing hilarious, but entertaining in a light, frothy way. Let's see what she writes at sixty!